Blackjack is a popular game that is present in all casinos in the world, and its advantage is that the probability of the player winning is high.
Basic blackjack rules and concepts
Basic concepts of the Blackjack card game:
- Player (participant) – a participant in the game against the Dealer (Croupier);
- Dealer (Croupier) – the dealer of cards from the shoe (English boot);
- Shoe – a special device into which, after mixing, a deck of cards is inserted and from it is distributed until the next shuffle (English shuffle);
- Shuffle – the entire game cycle, which lasts from shuffling the cards to the release of the dividing plastic card installed by the dealer in the shoe;
- Hand – cards of the participant or the dealer.
A chip is a substitute for a currency in a casino. Each gambling establishment has its own chips.
Basic Blackjack Rules
It is a misconception that the blackjack rules are simple and it is to score a larger number of points, but not more than a 21 point, which is called. No. The point is to beat the dealer (croupier). The game is played in several decks (1-8 decks). The fewer there are, the more likely you are to beat the dealer.
The nominal value of the cards in blackjack card game rules are as follows, from two to ten, coincide with the denomination. Jack, queen, the king are ten points. The ace is always either one point, or eleven, i.e. as it will be beneficial to the participant, then the meaning is applicable. The number of participants is limited by the number of boxes at the table. Basically, there are seven of them. But this does not mean that the participants can make joint bets on one box.
If the dealer’s and the player’s points match, then no one has lost, no one has won. However, the loss is possible if the rules of the institution provide for such a controversial moment. Participants place their bets before the cards are dealt. After the dealer’s words: “There are no more bets” – players, according to blackjack rules, are not allowed to add (remove) chips and touch the cards, it is a rule even for Australian dealers. There is a distribution of cards in a circle, open, to everyone.
What you need to know before you play
- Double – with only the first two cards, the participant can declare a double. He needs to double his rate. After that, receive an additional card, and the dealer moves to the next participant or reveals his cards.
- Triple – this rare rule does not work in all casinos, it allows you to make another bet after the double, similar to the first, and get another card.
- Insurance – when the croupier has an ace on the table, he will offer the participants to buy insurance against blackjack. The amount of insurance will be equal to half of the participant’s original bet at a rate of 2 to 1 if the dealer has a blackjack.
- Split – if during the distribution the participant got two cards of the same rank, then he has the opportunity to split this distribution into two hands.
But after that, the participant is obliged to double his first bet, after which the dealer will deal cards to each broken card.